Independent Studio- 4

Recently, I have been studying a lot of Jim Henson's works. He has always been a favorite of mine, as I grew up on shows like "The Muppets". Recently, I watched the Henson company's new Netflix series- "The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance". It inspired me to do some puppetry of my own, which I have been working on.

My first attempt at a puppet has been a Muppet-style head of Audrey II from the movie Little Shop of Horrors. I wanted to challenge myself by turning a rather grotesque character into something fluffy and goofy. I simplified the design of the head to build the puppet skeleton out of a foam base. From there, I sewed together a pattern for the "skin" of the puppet before attaching it to the foam skull. Adding a mouthplate and extra details completed the head of the puppet. Now that I've finished the head, I can begin to work on the rest of the bod, such as the stem, leaves, and flower pot.

Original "Audrey II" puppet design



My design

Comments

  1. We havent talked about it- how are you going to do the body?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kehinde Wiley

Emilie Steele

Jan Van Eyck