Independent Studio- 2

I have recently been working on figure drawings to add to my portfolio. I usually go for a site such as Pixelovely or Sketchdaily to look for poses, as I can't exactly have a live model come in during independent studio. From there, I warm myself up with quick gesture sketches, moving into more detailed pieces as I get into the rhythm. I also frequently reference the masters (da Vinci) and other artists (Egon Schiele)  for inspiration and to get a better grasp on my understanding of anatomy. This combination leads to a steady progress of my figures increasing in quality. I have been using either ink or charcoal (usually ink for smaller pieces, charcoal for larger) on my figure drawings so far.

References and Inspiration- 


(Schiele)


(da Vinci)

Personal Work-


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kehinde Wiley

Emilie Steele

Jan Van Eyck