Pablo Picasso

One of my greatest artistic inspirations is Pablo Picasso. He was a Spanish artist who, while best known for his paintings, also took part in sculpture, printmaking, and ceramics. While I may not have the same admiration for him for his personality and self, his art is something I look up to greatly and continues to be a striving force that reminds me to continue pushing forward.


My favorite quality of Picasso is the range in his work. While he is best known for his stylized cubism paintings, his skills range from realism to experimental. His room for experimentation inspires me to develop even more experimental art styles while still remembering the roots of realism. His use of color and line is my favorite quality in his work- he's bold with his brushstrokes and is unafraid to create large shapes of color.



Comments

  1. well done and nice selection of work showing his range.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kehinde Wiley

Emilie Steele

Jan Van Eyck