Spiderverse

One of my biggest artistic inspirations is the animated movie Spider-Man Into the Spiderverse. Sony teamed up with Marvel Studios to animate this theatrical masterpiece that drew in audiences by storm with its unique art style and compelling story. 

An entirely new animation program was created just for the sake of this film. It introduced a new method of incorporating 2D elements into 3D animation, leaving it looking like a comic book brought to life. Spiderverse won an Oscar award for Best Animated Picture of 2018. 

I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve seen this movie. I’ve bought the extended cut and scoured through all the available concept art. It’s my favorite movie not just for the wonderful story but for the beautiful artistic elements. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kehinde Wiley

Emilie Steele

Jan Van Eyck